Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Day 5 - ( Week Two : In the Beginning (1870-1950 ) - ! Summer Learning Journey !

Summer Learning Journey!

Week Two: A Period of Change (1870-1950)

Day 5: Coming to an End!


Activity 1: VE Day!
After six long years of fighting, World War II finally came to an end in 1945. The entire country was ecstatic and parties were thrown all over New Zealand to celebrate VE Day (Victory in Europe). Imagine that you were living in New Zealand in 1945 and you had to plan a VE day party at your house. Who would you invite? What would you do to celebrate?

On your blog, tell us all about your (imaginary) VE party. If it was me, I would invite all of my closest friends and family over to my house for a big barbecue. We would eat hamburgers and play basketball in the driveway. Some of us would probably walk to the local beach to play soccer on the beach and to go for a swim (if the weather was warm enough)!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Would Invite My Family and My Closest Friends to have a Big Party at My House . We Would Eat Steak , Porkchops , Lamb , Chicken , Hamburgers and Much More BQQ Yummy thing to eat & we would have a Huge Water Balloon Fight in the backyard & Go to the Beach &  Play Sports & Eat & Eating Yummy Dresserts & Much More  . Also to hope the Weather is gonna be Warm and kinda sunny . 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement
In the years following World War II, things slowly returned to normal in New Zealand. Soldiers returned home and settled back into regular life; and national sporting teams, like the New Zealand cricket team, got back together and started playing matches again. In the late 1940s, men and women would go to watch these events, men wearing hats and suits and women wearing dresses, hats, and gloves.
Compare the pictures of common clothing from the late 1940s to what you wear now (i.e. in 2017). Are they similar or are they quite different?

On your blog tell us which of the two styles you prefer and why. The pictures above were taken over 65 years ago! What do you think people will be wearing 65 years from now?





Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth

When World War II ended, a number of people from Europe moved to New Zealand looking for a peaceful place to live and raise a family. When they came, they brought recipes and foods from their native countries with them, including hamburgers, pizza and other delicious foods.

I usually have a chocolate chip cookie with my tea. I love biscuits! What is your favourite sweet treat or dessert? Use google to find a recipe for it. Type the recipe out on your blog. Make sure you also include a picture.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Favourtive Dessert or Treat will Probably Be Making Trifle's

Image result for trifle with sponge and custardRecipe :
Any Kind of Sponge

Any Kind of Custard
Any Kind of Fruit's
Any Kind Of Whip Cream              Image I have Used
Any Kind of Topping's

BONUS POINTS: 10

THE END

Thanks you

4 comments:

  1. Hey there Lillyana, great job posting, I am so impressed with how many activities you have already done. I've noticed that you are also putting in a lot of effort which each activity - it is really great to see.

    I must comment on this trifle. How delicious does this look? Yum!
    I had something similar at Christmas, it was amazing. All these flavours seem to mix together so well.
    What kind of fruit would you use in yours?

    I like how the dish it's served in is transparent so you can appreciate the layers.

    Did you have any sweet food on Christmas Day?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Billy ,

      Yes Just Looking at this Trifle is yummy to add to that Me and My Family are having Trifle for Dessert today its gonna be fun making it and yum eating it . I Me and my Family Use Blueberry's and Strawberry . Yes I had Sweet Food On Christmas I had some Ice Cream and some Jelly what did you have ?

      Thanks Kind Regards ,

      Lillyana

      Delete
  2. Hi Lillyana,

    I love your Summer Learning Journey blog post for this week! I also love how you like to make and eat trifles. I love trifles too. We had them on Christmas Day. Have fun blogging!

    Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Micthell ,

      Thanks for the such Amazing comment you have done on this post!!!!

      Kind Regards ,


      Lillyana

      Delete