Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Day 2 - ( Week One: In the Beginning (1800-1870) ) - ! Summer Learning Journey !

!! SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY !!
Week One: In the Beginning (1800-1870)

Day 2: It's All in a Day's Work

Activity 1 - A House or a Home ?

? In the 1800s, most Māori lived in villages called pa. Each village had many buildings – kauta where people cooked, pataka where they stored goods and wharepuni where the Māori slept. A traditional wharepuni had a thatched roof and walls made of timber, fern, rushes and bark. Look at the picture of a traditional wharepuni. Does it look like your house?


 On your blog, compare the Wharepuni to your own home. What are two similarities and two differences between a Wharepuni and your house?


- Comparing My Home and Wharepuni -

Differences between My Home and Wharepuni

1 -  Back in the Olden Days the tradition Wharepuni is maded out of  timber, fern, rushes and bark. Compared to my home now its Wood , Brick  , Steel & More .

2 -  Back in the olden days some people in the Wharepuni had to cook on Rocks , Wood , Leafs and Compared to my home we cook on Stoves , Oven's , More .

Similarities My Home & Wharepuni  

1 -  My Home & Wharepuni has both has got a roof .

2 - Both has a Backyard for the kids to play


Activity​ ​2:​ ​The​ ​Rules​ ​of​ ​Engagement During the early


years in New Zealand, men and women would often marry at a young age. Women were expected to have babies and remain in the home caring for their children. Few, if any, left home in search of work. Men, on the other hand, were expected to work outside of the home. These days, we don’t have the same strict expectations about work. Girls and boys can choose their own path in life. In fact, I was lucky enough to go
to university and to follow my dream of becoming a teacher! Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog. You can use whatever you like to create your picture: photoshop, pen & paper, Google Draw etc. You could be a doctor, an actor or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel blogger and photographer one day.


I would like to become a Doctor 1 Day to help others that are in need and also to give back to the community .

Bonus Activity:​ ​Special​ ​Meals

Bonus​ ​Activity:​ ​Special​ ​Meals Back in the 1800s, most Māori ate a simple diet. They ate foods that they could catch in the water (eg. fish) or grow on the land (eg. kumara). They did not have access to a supermarket to buy food for their meals! Speaking of meals, what is your favourite meal? Mine is wood-fired pizza. Yum! On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!

My Favourtive Meal is Probably be homemade pizza

RECIPE :

Frist of all we need to make the Dough :
Things you need to make your Dough
Flour
Yeast
Warm Water
Sugar 
Oil
Salt

Topping's
Pizza Sauce
Chesse
Pepperoni
Capsicum
Herbs
and anything else you would like to add on your Pizza

! NEXT COOKING TIME !


Related image
Image result for homemade pizza

The Reason why I like to make Homemade Pizza is because you can put anything you like into it and its easy and fun to to make .

Image Attribution :

 BONUS​ ​POINTS:​ ​8

Thank - You




12 comments:

  1. Hi there Lillyana, thanks for posting more activities. You have done a wonderful job!

    Pizza? My favourite. How did you know?!

    I agree, the best thing about pizza is being able to customise it however you want.

    I once went to a party and they had a wood fire oven outside and you could make your own pizza and cook it yourself. I burnt my mouth because I was too excited and ate too quickly after taking it out of the oven.

    What do you and your family eat on Christmas Day?

    Thanks, look forward to hearing back from you.

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There BillySLJ ,

      I had no idea Pizza is your Favourtive well a Fun Fact ! That must've hurt burning your mouth while trying to eat a hot pizza that just came out of the oven its that time where you just get too exicted to eat the pizza and can't wait so you gotta have to have it ........... Well Me and my family are going to our Grandpa's house and have a BQQ on Christmas !!!

      Day what are you doing for Christmas and eating for Christmas day ?

      Kind Regards

      Lillyana

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hey again,

      Yeah I must have been a little too excited! I wish I had learnt from my mistake but it has happened again many times. It's just when you smell it coming out of the oven, and you've been waiting and waiting, and that hot cheese is bubbling, you just want to inhale it!

      I used to work at Hell Pizza so we would make and eat a lot of free pizzas! One time we took a garlic bread and stuffed it full of pizza toppings and then put it in the oven.

      Oh that sounds really nice, my family are doing something similar I imagine. You have to have a BBQ on Christmas Day in New Zealand because it's usually (fingers crossed) sunny!

      :)
      Billy

      Delete
    4. Hey BillySLJ ,

      Omg you use to work at Hell Pizza WoW I never knew well thats a fun fact ! You are so Lucky to be working there and getting free pizza's YUMMY . Yeah I really Hope its gonna be a sunny day on Christmas so me and my family can have a BBQ !! Have A Blessed day God Bless you and your Family . STAY SAFE AND ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR HOLIDAYS !

      CHeer's

      Lillyana

      Delete
  2. Hey there Lillyana, I have just been reading your post about the similarities and differences between a traditional wharepuni and your own home. You have made some really clever observations, specifically about the building materials.

    I like how you have noted a few similarities too even though there are mostly differences.

    Think about what's on the inside of the wharepuni and how different that is to your own home.

    Do you think you could live in a wharepuni? Why or why not?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Lillyana
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Reading your post about your favourite meal just melted my mouth.
    Have you ever did a pizza challenge before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sarah ,

      Thanks for the Amazing Comment . No I have not did the Pizza Challenge but I Would love to 1 day . Have A Blessed day God Bless you and your Family . STAY SAFE AND ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR HOLIDAYS !

      Cheers

      Lillyana

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilyana,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see you've been doing so well with these activities! Well done!

    I have just been reading your post about wanting to be a doctor one day. Wow! What an ambition! It would be very cool to be a doctor and help so many people. Doctors are a very important part of the community!

    Who inspired you to want to be a doctor? My dream job is to be a teacher and I was inspired by my Mum who's a teacher as well.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ruby SLJ ,

      Thanks you for the such Amazing and Awesome Comment you have done !!! My Family had inspired me to be a Doctor .

      God Bless you and your Family and Friends and Hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays !!!!!

      Cheers and Kind Regards ,

      Lillyana .

      Delete
    2. Hi Lilyana,

      That's awesome! How did they inspire you? My Mum inspired me to be a teacher by always being patient and caring. She also came up with some crazy ways to teach things which I thought would be a lot of fun.

      I hope you are having a lovely holiday as well!
      Cheers,
      Ruby.

      Delete
    3. Hello Ruby SLJ ,

      My Family had Inspire me by giving back to the community and what they have done .

      God Bless you and your Family and Friends and Hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays !!!!!

      Cheers and Kind Regards ,

      Lillyana .

      Delete